Friday, February 5, 2010

Bath & Body works True Blue Spa ';Glow & Steady'; tanning lotion?

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/鈥?/a>


Does this work? Any application tips? How long does it take?


What are some good gradual tanners? Sun less tanners vs no sun tanners?Bath %26amp; Body works True Blue Spa ';Glow %26amp; Steady'; tanning lotion?
Yes, I got it last year so I could try it out (since I work there, it always helps when you use the product), and it works. My main tips for using it are as follows:





1. Always exfoliate beforehand. Use the grittiest scrub that you have-like the one I prefer is the There's The Rub or the Mentha body buffer, as they will really get off the dead skin.





2. I find that for ease of application, I like to do my arms first, making sure to try and get some onto my back and shoulders so that it looks decent with tank tops. If you have someone to help you, ask them to get your back for you because it's very difficult to get on your own.





3. Make sure that you are really getting it everywhere that you want it, and make sure you are really blending it.





4. After you have it all on, wash your hands VERY well and scrub them, using preferrably the same scrub that you used in the shower. This is why-last year, I didn't do that, and around my birthday I had some VERY flattering orange ';webs';-because that's the colour the area between my finders was!





5. I would wait a good 5-10 minutes before you put any clothes on. If you are doing any in the chest area, make sure it is really well blended because I stained several bras on the inside with that stuff-and if necessary use paper towel to really make sure that the area is dry.





It'll take a couple of days before you start to see colour, hence ';gradual tanner';. You will want to exfoliate every four days, as doing it any more will erode away all the colour but doing it less will cause dead skin to build up and then the tan will look all muddy.





I personally recommend using this at night when you have time to really focus on applying it well. You can do it during the day if you have a good 15+ minutes to devote to it (well you could do that first and then finish getting ready) and it does have SPF 15 in it.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment